We recommend the following steps be taken to avoid future mold growth as surface mold inside a home is generally caused by living conditions and can be avoided if properly maintained. Mold can grow in just 24-48 hours so regular cleaning is important...Treat it like dirt!
Clean, vacuum and/or mop kitchens, bathrooms, carpets, floors and all other portions of the premises on a regular basis so as to avoid the accumulation of dirt & debris. Use household cleaners on hard surfaces-clean the areas with soap (or detergent) and a small amount of water, let the surface dry, and then within 24 hours apply a non-staining cleaner such as Lysol Disinfectant, Pine-Sol Disinfectant, Tilex Mildew Remover or Clorox Cleanup. Always use gloves, protective clothing that covers your skin, protective eye wear and dust masks before cleaning with any cleaning agents.
Remove garbage regularly and remove moldy or rotting items promptly from the premises (whether food, wet clothing, or other materials).
Immediately clean up and dry any visible moisture accumulation on floors, WINDOWS, walls, ceilings and other surfaces. Be attentive to moisture in the bathroom following a shower or a bath, plant watering overflows; steam from open pot cooking; etc.
Condensation is a frequent cause of moisture. Condensation forms on cold surfaces when water vapor in the air cools and becomes liquid. Often you'll see condensation on WINDOWS. Regularly check, clean and wipe window tracks, casings and sills, and keep these areas free of condensation.
Keep all furniture at least 3" away from walls and store items in a dry, well ventilated area.
Maintain indoor temperatures between 50 and 80 degrees and keep the "humidity under 60%."