Providing the knowledge you need to keep your indoor environment clean & safe from SURFACE mold.
Mold is everywhere. It's a type of fungus that grows from tiny spores that float in the air. It can grow almost anywhere that spores land and find moisture and a comfortable temperature. Typically, that includes about any damp place in your home.
Mold is normally found indoors at levels which do not affect most healthy individuals and almost every home gets some type of mold. The trick is to clean up the mold before it spreads.
What is surface mold?
You can easily spot the most visible type of mold, called mildew, which begins as tiny, usually black spots but often grows into larger colonies. It's the black stuff you see in the grout lines in your shower, on damp walls, window casings, countertops, bathrooms, and is typically caused by living conditions.
There are several factors that can cause mold to grow on the interior of your home. Mold usually doesn’t just appear under dramatic circumstances; it can grow from simply not using your fan while in the shower and can grow in 24-48 hours. Below are the three main ingredients that allow mold to grow.
We provide education and information on surface mold found in the interior of your home. This is based on more than 15 years in the industry serving consumers, Realtors, Property Managers and Landlords with inspection and remediation protocol recommendations. Please visit our contact page with any specific inquires.